Duration: 4 hours
In 2015 the Canadian government has aligned the Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS). To ensure worker protection, employers must educate and train workers about WHMIS 2015 as new labels and SDSs appear in their workplaces.
It is an employee’s responsibility to participate in WHMIS safety training, take necessary measures to protect themselves and co-workers, and to properly identify and control hazardous materials. Workers should be able to answer these questions for every hazardous product they work with:
- What are the hazards of the product?
- How do I protect myself from those hazards?
- What do I do in case of an emergency?
- Where can I get further information?
Safety Audit Proofing & Training has developed a program for employers and employees comply with the Requirements of Regulation 860(WHMIS) and the WHMIS GHS 2015 standards. The course will include;
- Requirements of O. Regulation 860 WHMIS Standards
- WHMIS 2015 Groups, Classes, & Categories
- WHMIS 2015 Physical Hazard Group
- WHMIS 2015 Health Hazards Group
- WHMIS 2015 Labels & Storage
- WHMIS 2015 Safety Data Sheets
This course is $39.00 with a minimum of 6 participants. For groups 10+, please call for pricing.