Mandatory Due Diligence Training: Supervisors Roles and Responsibilities
Duration: 4 hours
It is the responsibility of every Employer to ensure that supervisors complete a basic occupational health and safety awareness training program that meets the requirements set out in O. Reg 297/13 – Basic OHS Awareness Training. This OHS Awareness for Supervisors course will assist Employers in meeting this requirement and will help to ensure your workers are informed of their rights and responsibilities in the workplace.
Personnel are required to complete this training within one week of performing supervisory work
This intensive 4 hour course will prepare you’re your supervisors to immediately apply safe working procedures that align company policy with provincial regulation and industry best practices. Supervisors will understand their rights, responsibilities, and role in workplace safety. Topics covered will include;
- The duties and rights of workers under the Act
- The duties of employers and supervisors under the Act
- Supervisor responsibility and liability
- The roles of health and safety representatives and joint health and safety committees under the Act
- The roles of the Ministry, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and other governing bodies
- How to recognize, assess and control workplace hazards, and evaluate those controls
- Sources of information on occupational health and safety
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Communication for Effective Leadership
- Return to Work Programs
- Supervising Young Workers
- Buy-In and Toolbox Talks
All Safety Audit Proofing and Training courses are designed to contain theoretical and interactive components to each module allowing participants to practice knowledge and skills learned throughout the course. Participants will learn skills that are practical, relevant, and immediately applicable to their role.
This course is $149.00. For groups 10+, please call for pricing.