Mandatory Due Diligence Training: Workers Roles and Responsibilities
Duration: 6 Hours
It is the responsibility of every Employer to ensure that workers complete a basic occupational health and safety awareness training program that meets the requirements set out in O. Reg 297/13 – Basic OHS Awareness Training. This OHS Awareness for Workers course will assist Employers in meeting this requirement and will help to ensure your workers are informed of their rights and responsibilities in the workplace.
This intensive 6 hour course is intended as annual due diligence or new hire basic OH&S Awareness training.
OHS Awareness training will prepare your team to immediately apply safe working procedures that align company policy with provincial regulation and industry best practices. Topics covered will include;
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act (Green Book)
- Regulatory Bodies and Enforcement in Ontario
- Pro-Active vs. Re-Active Safety Culture
- Worker, Supervisor, and Employer Roles and Responsibilities
- JHSC and Health and Safety Representative Roles and Responsibilities
- Workers 3 Basic Rights
- WSIB 4 Steps to Reporting Injury and Illness
- First Aid and Emergency Preparedness
- Personal Protective Equipment and Devices
- *Workplace Hazards and Controls
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Hazards
- Safe Lifting and Ergonomics
- Safe Use of Equipment and Tools
- Safe Driving and Hands Free Awareness
- Lock-out Tag Out and Electrical Safety Awareness
- Confined Space Awareness
- Ladder Safety Awareness
- Fall Prevention Awareness
- Working Alone Communication
*The following list are basic workplace hazards and controls – if there are specific workplace hazards not included on this list that affect your organization, we will provide customised training for identified hazards.
All OHS Awareness training includes a theoretical component of industry best practices and provincial regulations. Additionally, each area will contain practical hands-on activities customised to your work environment.
This course is $129.00. For groups 10+, please call for pricing.