Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) – Employee Awareness
Duration: 4 Hours
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the AODA) requires every employer and employee in Ontario to take training on the AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As representatives of your organization, your employees have a responsibility to comply with the Act and company standards.
This course is designed to help employees understand how they can provide superior service to customers and foster an inclusive environment for co-workers living with a disability. This course will include:
- The Human Rights Code
- Understanding ‘disability’
- Service animals & Support Persons
- Understanding the duty to accommodate
- Identifying & breaking down barriers
- Applying human rights principles
- Communication & people first language
- Compliance & enforcement
- Events & admission
- Receiving feedback
- Updates to policies & customer service standards
- Fostering an inclusive culture & working with all abilities
This course contains theoretical and interactive modules designed to guide participants through learning that they can directly and immediately apply to their work and personal lives. Participants will use critical thinking to identify potential barriers that are present in their roles and identify reasonable control measures.
This course is $129.00. For groups 10+, please call for pricing.